Did you know…..Himalayan Salt!
Being a major component of your blood plasma, lymphatic fluid, extracellular fluid, and even amniotic fluid
• Carrying nutrients into and out of your cells
• Maintain and regulate blood pressure
• Increasing the glial cells in your brain, which are responsible for creative thinking and long-term planning.
• Helping your brain communicate with your muscles, so that you can move on demand via sodium-potassium ion exchange
More than 80 percent of the salt most people consume is from processed foods. Indeed, there is far too much sodium
in processed foods. But you shouldn’t be eating those foods anyway—sodium is just one of MANY ingredients in packaged
foods that will adversely affect your health. The salt added to these convenience foods is mostly sodium—as opposed to
natural salt, which is much lower in sodium. I’ll be discussing more of the differences between natural and refined salt
That said, hypertension is actually promoted more by excess fructose than excess salt… So while I certainly agree you
should not consume large quantities of refined processed salt, just switching to low-sodium processed foods is not
going to do much to improve your health. The connecting link between fructose consumption and hypertension lies in
the uric acid produced. Uric acid is a byproduct of fructose metabolism, and increased uric acid levels drive up your
Type of Salt Matters:
Today’s table salt has practically nothing in common with natural salt. One is health damaging, and the other is healing.
Natural salt is 84 percent sodium chloride, and processed salt is 98 percent. So, what comprises the rest? The remaining 16
percent of natural salt consists of other naturally occurring minerals, including trace minerals like silicon, phosphorous
and vanadium. But the remaining two percent of processed salt is comprised of man-made chemicals, such as moisture
absorbents, and a little added iodine. You might be tempted to think “salt is salt,” but even the structure of processed salt
has been radically altered in the refining process. Refined salt is dried above 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit, and this excessive
heat alone alters the natural chemical structure of the salt. What remains after ordinary table salt is chemically
“cleaned” is sodium chloride, The processed salt is not pure sodium chloride but is only 97.5 percent sodium chloride and
anticaking and flow agents are added to compromise about 2.5 percent. These are dangerous chemicals like ferrocyanide and aluminosilicate. Some European countries, where water
fluoridation is not practiced, also add fluoride to table salt. In France, 35 percent of table salt sold contains either sodium
fluoride or potassium fluoride and use of fluoridated salt is widespread in South America.
Salt as Nature Intended it:
Himalayan Crystal Salt The more you can move toward a diet of whole organic foods in their natural state, the healthier you’ll be—whether it’s veggies, meat, dairy products, or salt. Given that salt is absolutely
essential to good health, I recommend switching to a pure, unrefined salt. My favorite is an ancient, all-natural sea
salt from the Himalayas. Himalayan salt is very special. It is completely pure, having spent many thousands of years maturing under extreme
tectonic pressure, far away from impurities, so it isn’t polluted with the heavy metals and industrial toxins of today
. And it’s hand-mined, hand-washed, and minimally processed. Himalayan salt is only 85 percent sodium chloride, the remaining 15 percent contains 84 trace minerals from
our prehistoric seas. These trace minerals are important for, among other things, good bone health, as explained by Dr. Robert Thompson in his
book The Calcium Lie. It’s also the most delicious salt you’ll ever find—so much so that I always caution people before they use it because
once most people taste it, they have a very difficult time ever using conventional salt again. That is one of the reasons why
so many gourmet chefs exclusively use this salt. So, please, relax and salt your food to taste, provided the salt you’re using
is natural and unrefined. If you are exercising heavily, or in the middle of a heat wave, you may require more salt than
on a cool day when you’re relaxing. And remember, the more processed foods you consume, the higher your sodium will be, as it is hidden is just about everything that comes in a box
or can. And of course, this is NOT the kind of salt your body needs.
– See more at: http://www.simplyforlife.com/did-you-knowhimalayan-salt#sthash.JPD5KKqy.dpuf