Full fat milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese are great sources of calcium and other vital nutrients such as potassium, protein and phosphorus. Add a full fat dairy based appetizer to your dinner tonight with our favourite spinach dip recipe:
- 8oz, plain Greek yogurt
- 8-9oz. fresh spinach
- 1/2 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- First you need to get a pot of water boiling. Add a little bit of salt. Add spinach and let boil until it starts to wilt, but is still bright green, 4-5 minutes.
- Drain spinach and let it cool.
- Remove all excess water with paper towel and chop spinach.
- Sauté the garlic with the olive oil until it starts to brown, about one minute.
Add the chopped spinach and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add Cayenne pepper and other seasonings if desired cook 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and add it to the yogurt. Serve and enjoy!