• One of the most important things you can do to help reach your weight loss goals is to remove all foods that are not conducive to your goals from your house. If you do not do this you are setting yourself up for failure.
• Set yourself up for success and create a safe home base
• Replace poor food choices with a variety of healthier food options.
• It’s not about who has more willpower or discipline: Set yourself up for success by removing temptations from your home. Your willpower will be tested enough throughout the week at social events, driving past advertisements, drive-thru’ s, lunch meetings, parties, etc.
• This does not mean you or your family can never eat these foods (chips, chocolate bars, pop, ice cream, muffins, cookies, biscuits, buns, bagels etc), just don’t tempt yourself and risk having them too often by having them in the house.
The most common response from mothers or fathers when this strategy is discussed:
• “I don’t want to deprive the kids”.
• “I buy that stuff for the kids, they will be so mad if we don’t have it in the house”.
• This may be true, but you’re also more likely to consume that food if it’s in the house.
• It’s okay to have a few kid lunch items in the house to put in their lunches on occasion, but they
shouldn’t be having this type of food on a regular basis. Go out for ice cream for a treat, buy a small bag of chips at the store…go out of the house to get a “treat” for the kids. Kids will be exposed to plenty of poor food choices outside of the home, be a good role model and set your kids up for better eating habits now and in the future.
– See more at: http://www.simplyforlife.com/cupboard-clean-up#sthash.kXciFqrx.dpuf