So, you’ve spent time dreaming about being healthy and feeling good, but remember: “A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline.”
Make sure you have a goal and a plan in place and stick with it. Try the SMART goals method when it comes to your health:
Pick a goal: ie drink your 2 litres of water on Monday, or everyday this week. Use these guidelines to make sure your goal is achievable and that you will reach it:
- Specific: your goal must be specific.
- Measurable: you need to be able to measure it.
- Attainable: is it attainable? If not you need to re-adjust your goal.
- Realistic: it must be something that is realistic for the time of year.
- Time related: give it a deadline.
Come up with barriers that may hinder you to attain your goal and try to figure out how to overcome those barriers before they happen.
Remember: you are worth it!