Fully ripened and dripping with sweet juice (don’t eat this while driving), the pear is a delicious choice to add to your diet this time of year. Pears are perfect for baked desserts. This recipe is a real treat!
- 2 large ripe pears
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp organic honey
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- (optional) yogurt or frozen yogurt
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the pears in half and place on a baking sheet (I cut a sliver off the other end so they sat upright).
- Using a measuring spoon or melon baller, scoop out the seeds.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, top with walnuts and drizzle 1/2 teaspoon honey over each one.
- Bake in the oven 30 minutes.
Remove, let cool and enjoy!
We know you’ll agree that this is the perfect warm pick me up on cold Canadian winter days.